Monday, June 15, 2009

*New* Best Meatloaf Ever

Not a stranger in the kitchen, Jupiter in Cancer makes sure that 'usually' turn out some awesome meals and for the most part w/out too much of a fuss. On this new regimen where I am burning up alot of energy and am constant need of replenishing my supply. The super good medicine I am on has increased my appetite and now that I can actually taste better - not smoking cigarettes any more. So as with a good portion of the food I eat or meals I put together, calories are not a major equation. Not saying they aren't there, saying I don't care. I like food, and the food that taste good is usually so full of calories and carbohydrates that another person may cringe. I eat it, if it is gonna hurt me so be it. I don't gob on butter - just heavily coat, and very rarely do I add sugar to anything - I prefer honey, I do however pay attention to salt and am converting over to sea salt as my main salt.

Have been very famous for my 'creations', which are usually done on a rebound from a medicating session, but hey they taste really good then. The real test is to try them afterward, the next day as left overs. Or to have someone not affected by my meds try the dish.

Threw this meatloaf together and am quite impressed that I am remembering all the ingredients - didn't write down a thing.

Preheat oven to 400 degrees

1 - 2 lbs (70/30) - feel as if you need some fat for flavor.
1/2 diced (or cubed, minced) onion - mine was a Vidalia.
4-5 small whole mushrooms sliced, diced.
1 large egg
1/8 bag of barbecue potato chips (Cape Cod - the best)
3/4 cup herb & garlic croutons.
2 Tablespoons A-1 steak sauce (divide)
1/2 cup ketchup
Garlic powder
Seasoning salt
Black pepper

Mix everything except ketchup and 1/2 (1 T) of the A-1 sauce. I mix with my hands, they are clean and I instill good energy into the food I prepare. In a pan, glass or metal spray non stick (always helps with clean up), add mixture, pack down with fingers, top with other half of A-1 sauce and bake uncovered for 55 minutes. Remove, drain any fat liquid, add ketchup and even out over loaf. Place back in oven, turn oven off and let stand for 15 minutes (allow ketchup to 'cake' on loaf).

Give it a try and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any and all comments are welcome, please note - All comments are moderated before publishing and at the whim of owner, may be dismissed.